Monday, October 5, 2009

Is Today the Day?

Yes, the above ticker is correct.  I am 40 weeks 2 days pregnant.  We're still waiting over here. We're like a bunch of kids at Christmas just waiting for our big gift with excitment and anticipation.  Is today the day??  We'll see...   
We almost feel cruel at this point calling any of the family if we aren't in labor b/c their hearts skip a beat when they see our number on the caller ID.   We have to hurry up and say "this isn't it."  

It's getting harder not to wonder if it's ever going to happen.  We've been tempted to try every home intervention we hear about to get labor started but we're trying to put our faith in God's timing.  "Will I bring to the point of birth and not deliver."  "My soul waits in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him."  I've been trying to trust and meditate on these promises.  I just read something else that helped me put things in perspective.   It said to enjoy these last precious moments with this little one all to myself because soon I will have to share him with the world.  I think I was already feeling that way but didn't realize it.  I can't wait to meet him, but part of me will miss his kicks and movements and the special bond of having him so close.   However... we can't wait to meet him face to face and experience all the joy he will bring to so many.  

Check back soon for an arrival update....

Have a great Monday!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...