Friday, April 20, 2012

Thomas Flannel Board Fun

 I pulled this out about six weeks ago after remembering I had it.  My sister-in-law passed it along to me years ago when I was teaching, so it has been around the block a few times.  It finally dawned on me that Samuel may enjoy it at the phase he's in, so I dug it out of the closet.
 Enjoy it is an understatement!  He loves it!  He's played with it several times a day since.  We just leave it out on our coffee table at all times, so he can play with it when he pleases.  He sometimes likes for us to join him, but for the most part he wants to create little scenes all on his own and show us what he's done.
It's so fun to watch his creativity blossom.  We don't actually own any Thomas stuff like the actual train set or anything yet.  Funny how this simple little felt board with all the pieces just lights his fire.  I'm so glad I remembered we had it at just the right time.  

4 comments:

  1. I just discovered these magnetic boards at the Teach Me Store. Same concept just magnetic and has different themes. I got an aquarium one for Jonah and a mermaid one for Elisabeth. I'll have to keep in in mind with Samuel's birthday rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I"m sure he'd love it. I bet Jonah and Elisabeth are having fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how hard it would be to make one of these...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...