Thursday, July 14, 2011

We've seen Him in the Details- Countdown to Africa (4 more days)

This tent/travel crib has a little story behind it.  As we've been figuring out what we will need to bring with us, we learned there would be no crib or pack in play where we'll be.   For our own peace of mind and stress reduction we really wanted to have something crib like for him to sleep in while we're there.  At first we just planned to lug our 30 pound pack n play with us to get the job done.  Then the more I thought about it the harder that was looking in my mind considering everything else we'll be bringing, so one morning early I did a search online for "lightweight travel crib."   By the way, not much comes up.   
However, this Graco Pack n Play "Sport" came up but was very scarce not to mention expensive.  As I kept reading I found out they are no longer sold in the US (only in Europen and Canada).  It did get rave reviews and many people were looking for one.  I saw one on ebay and none on amazon.  I think the one on ebay was in Europe.  Did I mention it folds up really quickly and only ways 12 lbs.!  It has it's own little carrying bag with a strap.  

Obviously, you see we're now proud owners of one.  So where did we find it? and how much was it?  After finding this rare gem online, and searching as many places as I could to no avail.  I said to myself, "What are the odds I'll find one posted on C's list in my area??  Pretty small I'm sure."  I was willing to give it a chance though, and low and behold not only was there ONE listed, it was about five minutes from our house for a fraction of the price I was seeing anywhere else.  The woman had listed it just two days prior.  I had the thing in my hands about two hours after I began searching.  We were amazed.  This was about six weeks ago, so we've been having Samuel sleep in it as his main crib to get used to it.  We thought it would be great for there to be as much "familiar" for him as possible when we get to Africa.  He loves this and sleeps like a champ in it.  He calls it "payhouse" since it has a tent cover on top.  

This little story has been really encouraging to us as we've been preparing to go.  It's just another way we've seen God in all the details.  It makes me more certain that He cares even about the tiniest details in our lives.   I'm sure he's not worried about where Samuel will sleep, but cares enough about me to say, "Look, I'm going to take care of you" when I needed a little affirmation.  Gives me the faith to keep moving forward.  Four more days! 

3 comments:

  1. All the best Gina, Tyson & Little Samuel as you embark on yet another journey of your life. I totally agree with you when you say that its God's way of reaffirming that he is there to hold your hands and guide you through this wonderful experience. While reading the blog, when I came to the point where you mentioned that you found it on C'list, my thoughts were exactly the same as yours - its God's way of showing that I've taken care of all your needs and now you just concentrate on the precious task that I've chosen your family to do. Not a single leaf in this world can move without his will and its his WILL that you and your family can go and make a difference in other people's lives. When your intentions are so pure, I know that everything will fall in place for you. Big Hugs to you and your wonderful family. Love you so much & I miss you - Neelam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Neelam, you make me cry! Thank you for such kind and encouraging words. You guys have been on a courageous journey yourselves, and I know you've seen God move on your behalf. I do miss you too. I can see your beautiful smile right now. Please send our love to Manav and those precious babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...