Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tummy Time







At both of our check-ups last week(the birth center and the pediatrician's office) we were asked if we had been giving Samuel "tummy time." I had to laugh to myself thinking, "are you kidding? We've only been at this parenting thing for two weeks and you guys are asking if we've given tummy time?" At that point, we'd just been trying to survive and keep the little guy fed. Anyway...what does this developmental therapist do? I quickly get home and start giving my super star some time on that tummy each day. He actually tolerates it very well. He's tried to lift his little head up a few times. It was mostly fun to take these pics. If you're wondering what the big deal is about tummy time it helps strengthen their neck and core so they'll be able to
hold their heads up better, sit, crawl, etc.
I just thought it was a little eager of them to be asking us about it at the two week check up. Oh well... BTW he's already grown alot since I took these photos. I can't believe it!

1 comment:

  1. I zoomed in on the tummy time pic and his pants cracked me up. So cute rolled up like that. He's a little doll;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...