Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Samuel James





As most of you already know, our sweet Samuel James was born on October 9th at 12:26pm. He weighed a whopping 8lbs. 14oz. and was 21" long.  I would say the hard part of labor started at about 2:00 am on Friday morning with regular strong contractions.  We arrived at the Birth Center around 4:00 am and our baby was in our arms a little after noon.  I'll save the details of all of those hours in between for those of you that would want to hear more of our birth story. 
It is definitely something I'll never forget.  I can say it was one of the hardest but most incredible experiences I've ever had.  The staff at the birth center was absolutely amazing.  We couldn't have asked for a better team of people.  Our midwife was Maureen who is actually the owner of the practice and has been delivering babies many years.  Our nurse was Cheryl and she was incredible too.  They never left our side the entire time.  They placed Samuel on my chest immediately when he was born.  He cried right away and we were all shocked at how plump he was and at his head full of dark hair.  I could go on and on...  We're just in love with the little guy even if we are super sleep deprived.  I'll try and keep the posts and the pics coming.   It's taken me two weeks to get blogging so I've got a lot to catch up on.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love the pictures - such a handsome boy - seriously! Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! I'm glad the labor and delivery went well. Can't wait to hear about the details and see more pics of this little guy. Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...