Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Baby Journey Continues

To bring you up to speed.  We have decided on the Womens Birth and Wellness Center.  They make you come to an orientation and tour before scheduling your first appointment. I guess they want you to know exactly what you're signing up for.  I've been researching and thinking for a long time what type of birth experience I would want.  I have several friends who have had natural births w/ midwives and knew this was the route I would like to take.  However, I realized Tyson was just as much apart of this process and wanted to make the decision that both of us would agree on and feel comfortable with.  Going to the orientation, I wasn't sure what he was going to come away thinking.  I didn't know if he'd think these people were a bunch of hippie freaks or what.  To my pleasant surprise, he LOVED it. I mean he got so excited.  We watched two videos and the owner of the practice shared the philosophy of the birthing center and anwered all kinds of questions from the group.  We were given a tour of the center and were able to see the birthing suites and accomodations.  We know that this is not for everyone, but for us it just fits.  We both felt peace in our hearts that this is for us.  We're planning to use the Bradley Method for natural child birth.  We will take a 12 week course offered by a local couple here.  One of the exciting things about this is we will have the chance to bond w/ several other couples who will be having babies near the same time as us.  We're looking forward to it... :)  
By the way, did I mention I've been nauseated almost around the clock for 7 weeks straight.  Lord, give me grace!

3 comments:

  1. The nausea should end soon. May it be so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping so. I think I've noticed a subtle difference. The evenings and nights are the worst for me. Right after dinner it hits like a ton of bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nannie would tell you "This too shall pass". I know she and Grandpa know all about your baby;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...