Sunday, March 15, 2009

160 Beats per Minute - Boy or Girl? What do You Think?





Friday was our most exciting day yet thus far in the pregnancy.  We had our first official prenatal appointment at the birthing center.  We really love the personal attention and family like feeling there.  We brought our camera along to document the visit.  Theresa is our nurse who will always take my weight (oops, I've gained 10 lbs.), blood pressure, etc.  She's very sweet and friendly.  Felicia is the front desk receptionist, and Allison was our nurse midwife (we forgot to get her picture.)  She took about two hours w/ us answering all of our questions and asking us tons of questions as well.  They gave us a book and folder full of info.  She prescribed me some special prenatal vitamins that are supposed to be more gentle on the stomach.  We'll see... 
Tyson was awesome!  He was right there the whole time asking questions right along w/ me and just taking in every moment.  The best part of the visit was when Allison put the doppler on my abdomen and found the baby's heartbeat.  At first it just sounded like a bunch of sloshing around and then all of a sudden we heard the heartbeat come in loud, clear, strong, and fast!  She said it was between 160-170 bpm.  She said it was on the high end of normal.  I promise I'm not drinking coffee these days. :)  Tears imediately started rolling down my cheeks as soon as I heard it.  I could have listened to it all day.  What an awesome feeling.  Tyson watched my face the whole time.  He said the joy for him was watching me and the expressions I was making.
I'm about 11 weeks and 4 days now.  The official due date is October 1st.  I'll be going back every four weeks for now.  Hearing the heartbeat really brought a new excitement for me.  Up to this point I've just been trying to survive the day (and night) w/out throwing up and waking up each morning hoping I have at least one pair of pants left that still fit... 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a girl to me :-) Love the blog. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a girl also. You know I don't care if it's a boy or girl though. Just want a healthy baby and Mommy;) Kyler doesn't even want to hear the word "girl". Poor guy needs another boy in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the solo "guy" inputter, here. I think "mannish Carr"! Are you two planning on going the whole pregnancy without doing a gender ID? That would be neat, and a lot of fun. It is a hoot to hear of Tyson's immersion into this with you, Gina.
    I am so old-school. I only knew of the Lamaze method back in the day when men first really got involved in the birthing. "Bradley"... hum. Only Bradley I know is the name of the military's fighting vehicle, bigger than a Hummer. Hey, there is your first potential kiddo name....Bradley! Kind of a contemporary,uber-secular, military-industrial version of the Bible's "Esau" the heel-grabber.
    On second thought, you two are so kind and gentle and strong, not sure "He who strives" is really a good fit for your son or daughter. I'll keep working on it.
    We are so proud of you two, and so encouraged by who you are and who our Father is making you together. Good name for a kid... "Deliso", Africa-Zambian for "Blessed".
    Blessings, Scott L

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...