Sunday, March 15, 2009

Baby Carr is on the Way...

January 19th is when we found out that we were expecting this bundle of joy.  In the three days leading up to this day we had two friends ask us if I was pregnant.  Our friend, Neelam, called and asked me if I was pregnant b/c she had a dream the night before that  I gave birth to a baby boy. She said the dream was so real and so happy she had to call and ask.  At that point, I knew it was possible but really hadn't felt any different and doubted I was.  I told her I didn't think so but we'd let her know.  The next evening at our fellowship gathering another friend asked the same question and said the moment she saw me the thought popped in her head that  I was pregnant.  At that point Tyson and I looked at each other.  Two people in two days had come to us.....Hmm....Way cool that the Lord, out of his kindness would give these signs to us.  The clincher was when I woke up the same night drenched with sweat.  I mean drenched!  Had to get up and change clothes, pillow case and lay a towel on the sheets.  BAZAAR! This had never happened to me in my life.  I jumped up the next morning and Googled "Is night sweating a sign of pregnancy?" Sure enough all these message boards pop up w/ women claiming this was uncommon but very much a sign of pregnancy.  As I hollered for Tyson he read the screen and then took my hot cup of coffee and poured it down the kitchen sink.  One dream, one impression, and a night sweat...we knew a pregnancy test was warranted.  Tyson was off (Thank you MLK) so he volunteered to go to Target and pick up a test.  As soon as I got home from work that afternoon Tyson told me he got the "First Responder."  aka First Response preg. test.  Well, w/in about 5 seconds not one but two pink lines came a poppin up on that thing.  Surreal is all I can say. It felt like time stood still for a moment.  We were just filled w/ sheer joy and excitement. Beside ourselves! I had previously thought of all kinds of cute and clever ways we could tell the family.  All of that went out the window.  We couldn't contain ourselves for a minute.  Before we knew it we were on the phone making our calls.  All of the grandparents, aunts, and uncles were ecstatic of course.    I don't think I slept a wink that night and then it snowed, so we had two days to sit by the fire and revel in our excitement. What a gift that was.  

1 comment:

  1. So if you have more kids after this one, you're going to have to change your url for this blog. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...