Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Life Around Here

I thought I'd write a post about the general happenings of our life lately (in no particular order).
We are glad to say that Samuel is feeling MUCH better after almost a month of continued illness.  Little did I now when I wrote this post what was in store for a few more weeks.  It all started with a minor cold. No big deal.  The next thing we know an ugly stomach bug shows up.  This was a brand new and not fun at all experience for us.  The kid threw up all night long non-stop and then throughout the day.  I got so fearful about dehydration I was beside myself.  After a couple of days the vomiting subsided.  Then the poor guy started having issues from the other end for a good week.  Not to mention, Tyson and I also got the bug - just not as severe as Samuel.  Okay, so we see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's looking like the worst is over.  No sooner did he begin to look and act well did he come down with a high fever topping 104+ degrees.  This was also a first.  At this point, I'm beginning to get a little paranoid as to why he's getting one virus after the other.  My doctor assured me he was fine but that his immune system was already low, and he probably just picked up something else from who knows where.  The fever saga went on for another good week that included abnormally low body temps. as well.   I guess we've been over all the illness for going on a couple of weeks now and boy am I thankful.   This was a real growing experience for me.  I can so quickly jump to panic mode in situations like these and become very anxious fearing the worst.  Not good!  I don't want to be this way and this was an opportunity to really seek the Lord and ask for His truth in the situation.
He is answering that prayer and I am so thankful.  I am choosing to believe and know that I can trust Him in any and all situations.  A trusted friend shared this website with me
(www.thefathersbusiness.com) and some incredibly encouraging prayers of blessing that are really transforming this area of my life.  Sometimes, I think God uses our circumstance to expose what is already in our hearts because He wants us to find truth and freedom in those areas where we need it.  Tyson and I joke that we thought we were perfect and had no issues until we got married.  Ha!!  We've done a great job at helping each other realize just how needy we really are!

We're also wrapping up a bathroom remodel project.  We had to completely gut our master bathroom last fall after we had a plumbing problem and found black mold everywhere.  We gutted down to the studs and started over.  I'm waiting until we're completely finished to post some before and after pics.  This has been a looong project, but we can see the finish line!  Can't wait to show you guys.

We had a great weekend with our NC family a couple of weeks ago.  We spent time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.   Now we're anticipating a visit from our Texas grandparents in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait!

We've got another bit of news to share, so stop back by tomorrow or read our "about" page down to the bottom if you want to know what it is....  You think I'm pregnant don't you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...