Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last Year's Garden...



Is this year's dirt box!!


I guess we'll be buying our tomatoes, squash, lettuce, and cucumbers at the Farmer's Market or the grocery store.  After planting a garden last year and realizing how much water, time, money, and maintenance was involved we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't going to be in the cards for us this year.  


We tried.  We really tried.  I wanted to be the "organic, live off your land" nature family.   Once again I have to chuckle thinking about our learning experiences last summer as rookie farmers.  I think I'll keep all of our laughable blunders between us.  There were plenty!  Let's just say by the time we paid our huge water bills all summer for the crop we harvested we would've done better buying truck loads of produce!  LOL



Fast forward.  Dirt has been used to fill in holes around the yard and little boy in the pictures is enjoying the box for all of his scooping, pouring, digging, and dirt eating desires.   I wanted to fill it in with sand (and we may).  However, Tyson says sand boxes are just great big litter boxes for the neighborhood cats and chigger bites waiting to happen.  Goodness, did he have to snuff out my sand box excitement like that?  Either way someone is enjoying himself often in the dirt on a regular basis and I've moved on from   the fact that we didn't turn out to be super gardeners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...