Friday, December 10, 2010

Reading Corner

 I made Samuel his own little reading corner this morning because for the past few days he had been taking all his books and sitting with them behind the rocker.  I've kept a big basket of books next to the rocker from my teaching days mainly because we're limited on storage.  He hasn't really gotten into any of these books up until now because he's had other baskets of board books that were more his speed.
 After several days of finding the little rascal hunched down behind the rocker with scads of books around him I decided to pull the rocker out a little, bring his board books over, and make it his reading corner.  Let's just say, he's still back there as I type.  He-loves-it!  You can see he's "reading" to himself in the photo above.  :)
 Now I'm looking for a little chair his size to put back there.  We put his booster seat on the floor for some reason recently and when he figured out he could climb in and out of it there was no stopping him. He got so excited that there was a chair on the ground that was his size we couldn't get him out of it.  This is what first got us thinking that he would enjoy his own little chair.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love it! He loves little nooks and crannies. I can just hear him reading to himself. These are adorable photos;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...