Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful

Good morning everyone.  We are sure enjoying a taste of this "Fall" like weather here in NC.  I can't believe September is here already.  It was 69 degrees outside when we woke up.  Bring it on!
We are doing well.  My last prenatal visit was uneventful.  Since I've stopped working, I am SO much more relaxed and my body is alot more peaceful.  Who knows, this little guy may settle in for the long haul now.  
When we thought he may come sooner than later, my perfectionistic tendencies were exposed and I was a little freaked out by feeling so unprepared.  Some of you who have raised children are probably grinning right now just thinking of how I'm about to face this little issue head on. It will be good for me.  I'm sure God is going to use motherhood to refine me in more ways than I can imagine.  I've enjoyed the slow pace of the last couple of weeks.  It's allowed me to take the time to stop and reflect more on this season and savor the precious moments of carrying this little one.   I've realized lately that the beauty of this time often gets smothered in my complaints of every little ache, pain, and inconvenience.  Therefore, I am making a conscious effort to set aside the moaning and groaning and put on a heart of thankfulness.  
Soooo....Here is a little list of things I am thankful for today:  
                                   - The peace in my heart
                                   - The healthy baby growing inside of me
                                   - A wonderful, attentive husband
                                   - Always having what we need
                                   - A great community of friends and family 
What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gina, So glad to hear that you're doing well. Amen to savoring the time! I had to stop and consciously make that same choice! God is so good! Phil.4:6! Love and hugs to you guys
    From one "nester" to another :)
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...