Friday, November 19, 2010

I Heart Fall...Food!


Here's my disclaimer up front - When I say I make "pumpkin" this or "pumpkin" that just know that the pumpkin came from a can of pumpkin puree.  I just can't bring myself to buy, clean, scoop out the guts, and cook the inside of a pumpkin just to add it to something else.  Okay there, now that I got that out on the table let's talk about these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I baked the other night.  I found the recipe here at Allrecipes.  It made enough batter for me to pour into one loaf pan for bread and a six cup muffin pan.  They were super easy to make and turned out very moist and tasty.  The pumpkin and chocolate are a great combo.  They're not exactly low-fat or low-carb but if you're a fan of pumpkin foods in the Fall you should give this recipe a try.  I would love to hear about it if you do!  

Last night I had a butternut squash in the fridge that I knew I needed to cook soon.  I don't have many variations of cooking butternut squash in my head, so I went back to my trusty Allrecipes site again and typed in "butternut squash" under ingredients and scrolled through until I found this recipe for Turkey Chili with, you guessed it, butternut squash.  We loved it! It didn't require any packets of seasoning.  Just some chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic.  It had a great flavor.  I was afraid it was going to be a little bland or boring but that wasn't the case at all.  It called for a can of green chilis.  I didn't have that on hand but did have a can of Rotel original which worked just fine.   Guess who else ate it up?  For someone who's proving to be a bit picky, he loved this.  I've made a mental note to pick up another b-squash.  I've found another veggie he'll eat.  Yes! 

Have a great day!  We've got sunshine here.  I think we'll go for a walk this morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...