Thursday, March 28, 2013

And Hurry!

I've been teaching Samuel the scripture in Galations 5 about the fruit of the spirit - Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-Control...We've been talking about it, doing little activities to learn them, and I've been trying to point out when I see him demonstrating one of the qualities like joy, patience, or self-control.


Soooooo,  this morning he and Luke were both playing at my feet in the kitchen floor with spoons, an empty oatmeal box, and tupperware.

We're getting to a new phase where Luke wants what Samuel has and tries to grab it.  Therefore, some jerking away and scuffling began to ensue.  Samuel is saying things like, "That's mine Luke. Get away!"  I took the opportunity to pipe up and say, "You know, Samuel it sounds like you need to ask God to give you kindness right now."  Without, hesitation he says, "God, give me kindness."  I quickly affirmed him that he did a great job of asking God for what he needed right then.



 Not that anything changed, but I was just impressed that he seemed to agree that he needed help right then.  I continued to do whatever I was doing with the two of them still playing in the floor.  Of course I promptly hear more scuffling, grabbing, and protesting behind me.



 Then I hear Samuel say, "God, give me kindness.  And hurry!"  Oh my goodness!  I cracked up!!  I guess for Luke's sake, God needed to hurry up with the kindness.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! The photos are adorable and add so much to this funny story. Samuel is such a sweetheart:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...