Monday, December 14, 2009

Thank You Nap Nanny


We've been pretty sleepless around here to say the least. Even though Samuel is now 9 weeks old and weighs at least 13 lbs. he's still been wanting to nurse every 2 hrs. at night, so I've not had more than 2 consecutive hours of sleep in 9 weeks. He goes right back to sleep after feeding but still it's been rough! Anyway, I was talking to one of my friends from our birthing class who has a baby boy two weeks older than Samuel. We were sharing our ups and downs of being new moms and she introduced me to the Nap Nanny. We had a good laugh because she told me she found it online and ordered at 3am during one of her sleepless nights. Her baby has been sleeping five hour stretches and even an eight hour once or twice, so I wasted no time getting online to check it out. The price was a little more than I'd hoped, but at this point more than two or three hours sleep would be Priceless!! Needless to say, we are now proud owners of the NN ourselves and the first night we tried it with SJ he slept five hours straight! So far, so good... We've also gotten a bit more of a routine going around here. I've checked out about five different books from the library from all ends of the parenting pendulum trying to find something that resonates with us. One of the books has a schedule in it that is working well for us and for Samuel. Between having more of a routine and finding the NN we're making strides with getting more sleep and having more peace around here.


5 comments:

  1. Yay for the Nap Nanny! We found the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" to be a lifesaver for us with our own Samuel. :) Praying for continued, extended sleep for you...

    Susan (and Sam)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan. I'll see if the library has it. One of the books we've been reading is The Baby Whisperer Solves all Your Problems. It has a suggested routine we've been trying to go by. The daytime is going well but our nights are still difficult. We just can't seem to get him to sleep more than 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Keep praying for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a Nap Nanny - is it beg enough for Jonah - LOL! I'll have to research it. Hang in there - I promise it won't be every two hours forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you need is the Nap Nanna! I could come out and hold him all night and sleep during the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nap Nanna is welcome anytime!! Get out here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...