Monday, April 12, 2010

Texas Fun with Family

Samuel and I took a trip to see my family in Texas at the end of March. We had a great time! This was his second trip to Texas by airplane. He is proving to be a great little traveler so far. Overall the actual traveling was stress free and I am thankful for that. Our airplane ride seemed really easy compared to the mom sitting directly behind us with a three year old and a one year old. Right as we were taking off the three year old declared "Mommy my tummy hurts" then threw up everywhere. Feeling helpless and terribly sorry for this mom I quickly donated one of our burp cloths to the cause and prayed the little girl's germs weren't airborne at that point. At this mom's expense, my confidence in traveling alone with one five month old quickly sky rocketed. Poor lady.

In no particular order, here are a few pics that capture our visit...

Samuel got to experience the Texas gulf coast for the first time. We took a walk on the Galveston seawall with my friend, Sue. It was really windy that day.

One of the highlights of our trip was visiting my brother and his family for a few days and going to a couple of Aggie baseball games. My dad bought Samuel all of the A&M gear he could possibly need to cheer on Uncle Matt and the team complete with onesie, cap, and bib. You can see how proud Big Pappa is to show off this little stinker.

After the game on Saturday we went down on the field and took a bunch of pics. Uncle Matt gave Samuel his very first baseball.

Kyler is now a bat boy, so he was decked out in his uniform. We got to watch him catch his first foul ball off of the net behind home plate. It rolled up the net then back down and he ran out and caught it bare handed. The crowd cheered and it was a proud moment for him.
Samuel loves his Aunt Kathy and had a big time in the stands watching all the people.
Here's Nanna and Big Pappa with their four angels.
Samuel had sooo much fun with his cousins. It was non-stop attention for him. They were totally into his every move and wanted to help with all of his needs. It was very sweet to watch. Have you ever seen little kids playing soccer? It looks like one big crowd following the ball. Well, this was Kyler, Klaire, and Khloe with Samuel. They didn't miss a thing. We were all sad when it was time for us to go.
I took some "Aunt GG" time to play Zingo with the big kids. Of course, they beat me.

Cousin Khloe was "hands on" with bath time in the kitchen sink.
It really brings a lot of joy to my heart to watch Samuel bond with all of his family, and at the same time a little sadness that we don't see each other more often. Hopefully we will get to make another trip down in the summer. I am truly thankful that I'm not working outside the home full time and have the freedom to travel with him for more than a weekend. That's because I have such a great husband who works so hard for our family and a great heavenly Father that faithfully provides for all of our needs. I am truly blessed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a fun time! I know little Samuel got loads of lovin'! That boy will prob be an Aggie! Whoop!

    Love and miss you!

    Congrats on the 5-0lb drop....amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...