Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Catching up

I can't seem to get ahead or even stay current with blogging as much as I really want to.
I would still love to post pics from our trip to Texas and Samuel's first Easter and hopefully I'll follow through. In the meantime I thought I'd start by sharing a little bit about how life is going right now. We are SO glad spring has sprung. We've been outside alot and working in the yard.
We're very excited about planting a garden this year. Tyson has done all the work so far and I've cheered him on. He built a small raised bed and then we had so much we wanted to plant he sectioned off another corner of the yard as well. We bought some starter plants and some seeds too. Here's the list: tomatoes, squash, zucchini, green and yellow peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and cantalope! If all goes well, we'll be able to make a great salad from what's growing in the backyard. I'm also growing a few herbs (basil, parsley, and mint so far). We're loving it all! I can't tell you how excited we got when one of our seeds sprouted the other day. We were giddy!! There's just something about planting a seed and watching it grow. New life is exciting. Samuel is right out there with us most of the time unless he's napping. We have a wagon that he loves to sit/ride in. We also hung a baby swing under our carport and that's been a thrill for the little guy. Speaking of Samuel, he is a mess! The kid loves pretty much everything. Loves to swing, loves the wagon, loves people, loves to eat, loves to talk, loves to jump, loves to be tickled, loves peek-a-boo, loves his bath. He just loves life and that brings so much joy to us.
We had his six month check up last week and he weighed in at 19 pounds even and was 26.5 inches long. He's still right around average for his height and a little above average for his weight. He had just had a nap, so he was in true form for the doctor. He gave her a big smile to greet her then kindly grabbed her stethiscope and almost ripped it out of her ears. He had no problem with her looking in his ears checking him out. She said she was amazed at the fact that this didn't bother him (it must bother alot of babies). Then he proceded to jump up and down, dive backwards, smile, and babble the whole time. Finally, she asked me if I'd read about the "active" baby in a book called Mother's and Infants. Apparently she thought by the looks of things it may come in handy. Then she told me to go ahead and start baby-proofing. LOL
Well, since I've started this post, we've been to cousin Annabella's birthday party, a mountain mini-vacation, and I've actually read an entire book cover to cover. Miracle!
I really to want to keep up, so my new goal is post something at least once a day. Okay, maybe every other day, but the point is I really want to blog. I just can't seem to get the momentum going. So here's to turning over a new blogging leaf. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...