Tuesday, February 23, 2010

ALL-NIGHT-LONG

This is the face of someone who had just slept through the night for the very first time ever!! This happened on Sunday night. We put him down around 8pm and he did not wake up until 4:15 am. I fed him and put him back down, and he didn't wake up again until 7:20 am. Needless to say Tyson and I were beside ourselves (in a good way!). We woke up around 4 am and realized we hadn't heard him all night. We weren't about to walk in his room at the risk of waking him, so we laid in bed listening to him breathe/snore on the monitor with sheer delight. :) I know this may not sound like such a big deal, but when you haven't slept more than 3 consecutive hours in 4 and a half months it's a HUGE deal. We were so proud of our little butterball for making it 8 straight hours on his own. I guess you're wondering how Monday night went. Well...he woke up twice but still slept in until 7:20 so we'll take that. I think we've turned a corner. He is also doing amazingly well riding in the car now. The last several car rides I've had him by myself he settles in back there and doesn't make a peep unless it's happy sounds. What a relief!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy Dance............ Not long before it happens more regularly now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm singing hallelujah myself! It's not quite on a regular basis but I"m at least hopeful! I know you momma's can relate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...